View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #10
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Normally it doesn't indeed, but there are some huge books in circulation, notably many Delphi Classics, that need more than 2GB of RAM to convert. On 32-bit Windows, 2GB is the limit for memory usage by a single process. At least with Calibre, some EPUBs cannot be converted to a different format if you're using the 32-bit version. The convert worker will crash when exceeding 2GB (at least, at the time when I last used the 32-bit version). I do not know if Kepubify manages memory differently and can convert any EPUB book no matter the size without using more than 2GB.
Kepubify should work a lot better, as it is made to be as efficient as possible. I have quite a few books which Calibre hangs on while converting, but in kepubify, they convert in about 20 seconds. Kepubify also uses less memory in my experience.

If you have any issues with memory, I'd love to see the book, as I've not had any books use more than 40mb to convert.

Last edited by geek1011; 03-09-2018 at 12:57 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote