View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #27
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
One interesting thing about this thread is that nobody has mentioned the most basic thing of all... You have to write a good book in the first place. Perhaps that was in the post that Dr Drib removed. (Not a personal comment, David - I tried to download your excerpt this morning but got timed out - I'll have another go later.)

It's pretty important, though. A good book pushes the marketing forward on oiled wheels. A bad one fights back. Writing good books is what we're supposed to be doing, isn't it?
I kind of have to disagree a bit with this... You can write an amazing, literary, brilliant book, but if there is no audience to even give it a try, then it will remain obscure and unread.

Notice how ebooks are selling, but most of the high sellers are all in genre fiction (paranormal romance, horror, thrillers, etc)...
Joonbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote