View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoiata View Post
I found that I can "indent and fix problem" (Prettify and Mend) or just mend. What about only Prettify? Let say I want to fix problems by myself but need some help to organize the code.
No. "Mend" makes the least intrusive changes to code. "Mend and Prettify" is more extensive. There is no Prettify-only because the code must first be correct (Mend) before Prettify can be trusted to do its work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoiata View Post
Second, Is it possible to open the code with external editor and close it without saving somewhere on drive and import to Sigil? I mean to use external editor as embedded editor.
Yes. That is exactly what the "Open With" feature is intended to accomplish. If you mean "embedded" as in "replaces Sigil's existing Code View", then no. It's not that integrated. But changes made/saved in the external editor will be immediately reflected in Sigil's Preview/Book View. There's no need to save somewhere else and re-import. It wouldn't be a very handy feature at all if you had to go through that kind of trouble.

Just right-click on an xhtml file in the Book Browser and select Open With to configure Notepad++ as an external editor and see what I mean. You'll only have to do it once. Thereafter. Notepad++ will be an option on the Open With submenu (when you right-click an xhtml file).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-22-2017 at 10:19 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote