Thread: Classic Holy Cow! ... Literally!
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Yeah, I'm wishing that I had waited a year before picking up a new ereader. I ended up buying a Sony PRS-505 from B&N(lulz %$^&#^%#^&!!!) because I felt that the screen degradation with the touch film just wasn't worth it at the time, and THEN B&N popup with the nook about 7m later. (Kind of annoying since ebook devices had, basically, stagnated for for something like 6 or 7y.)

Then I heard of Spring Design's Alex, but I HAD been expecting it to come out at a competitive price, and now just laugh $400 for the Alex, right...

So it looks like all of you people who got the Nook made the right choice, although I'm really interested in that new e-ink only from Asus. Did you see how responsive the screen was from that E3 video? Although from what I can tell ATM it seems that a rooted Nook is MUCH more flexible.

(I still have grave reservations about the Sony. Non-easily replaceable batteries just aren't for me(which is why I'll also NEVER buy an Apple mobile product/notebook) as I'll like use the thing until I kill it now, which is why I was so hot to pick up a new reader last year as I had cracked the screen on my trusty Palm IIIx, my eBookman has the bad backup cap so it loses all content on batt change and I never bothered to pickup an MMC card for it, and my REB (RCA/Gemstar) died a few years ago so I was more or less SOL for a reader ATTM.)
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote