View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up E-book app evaluation on the HTC Touch Pro 2

Background

I recently decided to upgrade my cellphone, which wasn’t making it in the web-access department. I also use a PDA for personal and business use, and lately, I’d gotten a bit tired of carrying around two devices wherever I went. So, I finally decided to get a smartphone, combining the two devices into one and (hopefully) simplifying my life a bit.

Since my PDA was Windows-based, and since I had a lot of legacy files and apps I hoped to transfer from old device(s) to new, I decided to limit my smartphone choices to Windows-based units, to make the transition easiest. I also decided that I was ready to move up to a physical keyboard device… not that I couldn’t (and didn’t regularly) use on-screen keyboards, but I’ve discovered that finger-based on-screen keyboards leave a lot to be desired—if you’re not using a stylus, you’re beating yourself up for no reason.

With all of this in mind, I finally decided on the HTC Touch Pro 2, a meaty little device in the Droid-iPhone-class that would satisfy my needs. Provided, of course, that I could get my favorite apps into it… which is where this document comes in. So, here is a play-by-play of my process of taming this phone for me. I will break up the thread just to keep the posting sizes more manageable.

(Note: I thought I was going to be able to provide photos with this thread, but I am one lousy photographer, and I had to give up on that idea. Sorry!)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote