View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I find that statement completely astounding.

We've dealt with displays that are nowhere nearly as good as a paperback book for, literally, decades. All that time, a display that is as good as print has been a proverbial grail of the display industry. It finally arrives, only to bedismiss ed as though it were of no consequence whatsoever.

I'm utterly stunned by that, I don't even know how to respond to it.
Perhaps the issue is that us Reader "fans" are coming to the Reader from years of reading eBooks on Palms, Pocket PCs, etc. Compared to that reading experience, the Reader is a revolution in clarify and "pleasure" of reading.

I would guess that perhaps this is Brian's first encounter with eBooks and that he's rather fallen for the "hype" that eInk is as good as, or better than, printed paper which it certainly isn't. The screen resolution is nothing like that of commercial printing and the contrast isn't as good, either, especially in poor light.

I completely disagree with the statement that "eink technology is terribly flawed", however. It's the best we've ever had, and we know it's going to get a lot better in the future.

For us eBook fans, the Reader is the best there's ever been. Perhaps, though, the hype is better than the reality for "newbies" to the eBook scene.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote