View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
After reading Jon's links, I find one thing I agree with, and one thing I disagree with, in the same paragraph:

Quote:
Anyone who builds a reading system to natively render OEBPS Publications should not pick and choose which features of OEBPS they will support — the reading system should, in good faith and only tempered by platform limitations, support them all and let publishers decide what features they want to use in their publications.
In fact, Adobe has every right to decide which of the OEBPS features their system will support... it's their product, after all. They decide what features to support, and customers weigh in by customer comments, or they don't use the product (prompting Adobe to rethink their product and act accordingly).

However, if they say they conform to OEBPS specs, you should be able to read all properly-formatted OEBPS pubs. Otherwise, they need to be clear that they support AdobeOEBPS or limited OEBPS only.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 10-31-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote