View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #38
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I guess Sameer is one of the Kobo folks that refuses to talk top me. Since he will not say anything, allow me.

I think he's being deliberately misleading.

I've read his comment carefully and he doesn't actually deny the rumor I reported. He did a very good job of tiptoeing around the rumor, but he does not actually make a statement contrary to the rumor.

He says that the Aura HD was under development for "more than a year" but he makes no statement about the intended launch date. He said nothing about whether B&N was going to buy the screens for a Spring launch. He also didn't say anything about whether Kobo changed their launch date.

At this point the only response Kobo has made is an obfuscation, not a denial. Absent any other statement I am going to conclude that they are avoiding an explicit denial because it would be a lie.

While I respect them for trying to avoid lying, at this point the lack of a denial is an admission that the rumor is true.
He said 'the rumour is false'.

Anyway, I just received my tracking number and so did many others. Looks like a new batch has come out of production at Foxconn.

Last edited by HansTWN; 04-29-2013 at 07:39 PM.