View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #33
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
It was one year ago, but I think it's quite a telling story.
It took me years (literally) and several transcontinental flights to go through the first 100 pages of The Shadow of the Wind (by Carlos Ruiz Zafón). Then I read the next 520 pages or so in less than one week.
It seems I just needed an under-the-water train called Eurostar to get really started. My cheaper than my previous attempts

Now, every book by Carlos Ruiz Zafón is keeping me away from the real world for a couple of days, so I try to wait at least one month between two books. I will have read all of his before the end of the year.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote