View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Edit: You can still have a shelf for each series if you wish, but you will need to create a suitable plugboard in calibre, and perhaps turn on the shelf management option in the Kobo driver plugin. I haven't tried that, it seems unnecessary because to see a list of all books in a particular series in proper order I can just do a search on the series name.
No need at all to create a plugboard for series info!

My setup is as follows:
  • No Plugboard
  • Books have correct series info entered in via calibre
  • Sending books to devices save template of
    Code:
    {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
  • Driver setup as follows:
    • Automatic Metadata Management
    • Read Metadata from files on device
    • Use Sub Directories
    • Save Template:
      Code:
      {author_sort}/{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
    • Shelf names:
      Code:
      #myshelves, series
      myshelves is a custom column of type comma seperated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser that I use to define additional shelves for some books
    • Create Bookshelves
    • Delete Empty Bookshelves
    • Upload covers for books
    • Set Series information
    • Attempt to support newer firmware
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote