View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrusz View Post
What do you mean "this bug does not concern my dictionaries"? Can I search typing a word with a keyboard while using your dictionary?
This is correct. You have to set the user language of the reader to Japanese in order to use the Japanese keyboard for searching the dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrusz View Post
For me the most annoying issue is marking a word for search while reading a book. Kobo should be able to recognize kanji compounds but it cannot not and selecting more than one kanji with a finger is very difficult
This is really a pain. However, in the last weeks I did a lot of testing the Japanese dictionary and therefore I did a lot of marking too. And I am becoming a little better at it. If I want to mark two characters I put my finger slowly in the middle of the two characters and wait without moving until they are marked; if I then want to mark a third character I roll my finger slowly to the right (or down in the case of vertical writing). This works for me better than drawing my finger over the characters.

Last edited by tshering; 12-19-2012 at 08:02 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote