View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
@Geekmaster, I know this is a little off-topic but here we go: I have a K3 that displayed for a long time (I don't know how much) the same image and now it has some "ghosting", whatever it displays it keeps showing some trace of it. Do you think that a script that keeps refreshing the screen would improve the situation?
Yes.

Warm it up to about 25C, and then do at least 3 (perhaps up to 20) full flash screen clears ("eips -c" on a K3). After getting cold, or sitting awhile, the eink displays take awhile to warm up to the ideal oil viscosity in the beads that contain the black and white charged particles.

Exercise it until it improves. Put a short delay between refreshes (about a half-second).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote