View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee0986 View Post
Aside from not charging via USB (which sometimes becomes an pain while traveling in planes that don't offer any other power source other than USB) my biggest complaint with charging my Vox is that the cord is never long enough. It is impossible for me to charge and read from the outlet closest to the bed or my favorite reading chair without the use of an extension cord. This cord may be worth the $12 for the extra 15" of length.

After using this cord do you find that it charges on par with the original charging cord that comes with the Vox?
A lot of people have complained that the cord is not as long as they'd like. I don't much like reading while charging because of how the plug sticks straight out the bottom in a vulnerable position. However, I don't plug the charger straight into the wall receptacle but use an extension cord, so it's no big deal. With the last new update the Vox doesn't seem to run the battery down as quickly, so I'm seldom charging while reading. I always used to turn it off if I wasn't going to use it for a couple of hours, but now if the battery is at least 1/2 charged, I think nothing of letting it sleep for a day.

I haven't made a thorough scientific comparison between the Ebay and OEM charger, but I don't notice any difference.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote