View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #62
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I would put Exploring and using tool tips before resorting to the Manual (we all know that manuals are always in catch-up mode . )
OK. I'll add that in a new paragraph or 2 in the Advice section. I have to think about the wording for awhile because I want to cast no aspersions using poor phrasing nor do I want to preach. But I'll try to be tactful and politically correct for a change.

I'll also add in kmckinley's excellent point about default settings being a KISS thing. Regarding Writer2epub I'd read about it a little, but I haven't tried it. Maybe a paragraph listing tools like that might be helpful, but I'd figured those were covered elsewhere in the forum. But I'll add it anyway.

Edit: And travger's advice to go slow at first, clarifying the learning curve, and the more books there are the more time refixing things uses up.

Anybody who has any advice for new calibre users, please post here and I'll incorporate in KISS where possible. There are probably a lot of other things experienced users do - or even new users - that might be helpfui to other new users, gathered together in one place. Also please advise me if I make any errors in assumptions, practices, or whatever.

Before posting a major revision I'll read back through the thread carefully, make sure I didn't miss anything, then incorporate.

Last edited by unboggling; 08-14-2011 at 04:36 AM.