View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Actually, as cuthbert19 says, the spec lists "background-color", but not "background" (or "background-image"), which means it is not supported. Although it is strictly not an error, because in CSS unsupported properties are just ignored, so, from an ePUB perspective, it is like a harmless comment (except that it might be recognized by some readers).
True, but both Sigil and FlightCrew wouldn't be hurt by preparations for EPUB3. Yes, that spec is still a work in progress, but it won't be for long. I'd hate to start adding checks that I'll have to remove in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
As for the space, the CSS spec says:

A declaration is either empty or consists of a property name, followed by a colon (, followed by a property value. Around each of these there may be white space.
Yes, I read that too after my last comment. I was pretty sure the space was allowed, but checking the spec can't hurt.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote