Thread: Duokan FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #30
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
I also install dictionary from xdxf website. The problem is the meaning also displays all the html tags along with it. Is it supposed to be like this?

The other problem is the ePub rendering is not so good. It always shows two words next to each other without space in-between; and any alphabet behind the apostrophe will have too many spaces in-between.

When I move the cursor to a word to open dictionary, the only tags I see are around the word to be defined, thus: <k>word</k>

When I select the voice function in dictionary, the first time it is used in a particular book, there is a spoke phrase in Chinese, then the word pronounced in English. Subsequent use of the dictionary does not generate that phrase. I wonder what it is?

I tried the WyabdcRealPeopleTTS in dictionary, and it does indeed provide far superior TTS for the dictionary only. This is great for second language users, but is far too large to be interesting for native English speakers. But I guess I already expressed that somewhere.

Yes, the full-space apostrophe is irritating, but I got used to it quickly. What is more of a problem is when the keyboard is set to Latin. In French, you then get all accented letters in a strange, wide font. It doesn't look so bad in KindleBlackBox, but it is really disturbing in Helvetica, etc.

Last edited by montalex; 11-11-2010 at 10:24 AM.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote