View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #191
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ixtab: Cool, thanks for the feedback .

I built a minimal libarchive, no acl/xattr, only zlib, primarily to cut back on the size, but also to avoid pulling stuff that might not be available on every system, so you might want to try this too:

Code:
./configure --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-xattr --disable-acl --with-zlib --without-bz2lib --without-lzmadec --without-iconv --without-lzma --without-nettle --without-expat --without-xml2
(libarchive also supports the cmake build system, but the deps seem to be 'automagic' there, so a bit more painful to fine tune...).
Since libarchive is a BSD project/package, you have been swimming upstream. (It is the library behind bsdtar.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Keep in mind that I have no idea if it actually still builds/works on Cygwin/OS X, so there's that to take into account
Since OS X is much, much closer to BSD than Linux ever will be, you will be swimming downstream here. You already did the hard part (above).

I wouldn't worry to much about Cygwin support.

Last edited by knc1; 05-09-2012 at 08:22 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote