View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 10:01 PM   #5
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Hi Dennis. Sorry, I had a brief softening of the brain when I typed that, it should have referred to "Lost Hearts", and those particular illustrations never appeared in any book, only the magazine.

I see the cross-hatching almost always when the images are "photogravure" (see attached pic), but not on line-art. Of course, Google scans have other issues as well --- they seem to LOVE to frequently use some sort of softening-blur on illustrations that often makes them look smeared. Those will look ok on a small reader display, but are awful to work with for clean-up and enhancement.

I agree about hathitrust and their odd restrictions, but I do confess to downloading from them ---- one page at a time, and cursing every minute -- when I can't find the desired material anywhere else. I've only done it once for an entire (short) book, though --- otherwise, just illustrations or missing pages of text.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GoogleCrossHatch.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	148904   Click image for larger version

Name:	GoogleCrossHatchGrey.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	148905  

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 05-24-2016 at 10:07 PM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote