Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleBridge View Post
So now we have the problem of different Calibres on different PCs? It is to laugh.

My first version of Calibre was like 0.7.29 around Jan. 2011. I've been updating virtually weekly (?) ever since. And my Calibre 0.8.60 (the one that doesn't like Kobo firmware 2.0 either) does not produce menus like PeterT's or davidfor's. Screenshot1 shows the Preferences top menu: no Advanced submenu. 2 and 3 show the alpha section of the plugins that should have either Device Interface Plugins or Kobo Reader Device Interfaces: no such plugins.

When I updated to 0.8.60 I happened to install it by clicking through from the homepage to the Windows version. If that's not a "base Calibre install" I don't know what is.
To get the advanced menu for Preferences, click on the icon not the arrow on the side (which is what gives you the menu you are showing). The plugins menu that Peter refers to is near the bottom of the next screen. Or re-run the welcome wizard so you can choose the correct device interface. You're not looking in the right place for what Peter suggested to do.
I understand your frustration but people are trying to help you, out of the kindness of their hearts, not because they are obligated. It helps to be somewhat more positive if you want them to continue to do so...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 07-14-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote