View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 07:06 AM   #1
Sir Loyne
Connoisseur
Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!
 
Sir Loyne's Avatar
 
Posts: 69
Karma: 5392
Join Date: Oct 2016
Device: Kobo Aura One
Boy, Do I Hate My Kobo

I bought a Kobo Aura One when they first came out. I admit, it's great to read on. But they really just keep finding new ways to make the firmware worse with every new "update". I installed the newest one, which I haven't done in a long time, only to find they put the chapter as the header and the book as the footer. That's terrible, so I tried rolling back to an earlier firmware, but now Calibre is saying that is doesn't recognize that firmware, and Windows 7 (which is also complete s**t) only has a 25% chance of recognizing the reader, a 25% chance of telling my I have to scan for errors and a 50% chance of telling me I have to format it to use it.

I said screw it, and did a complete restore to put it back to factory new. The very first thing I had to do after setting the time is connect it either over WiFi, or to install their software that I don't want. I connected over WiFi, which I had no option to avoid, and the very first thing this garbage thing does is download and install the latest firmware against my wishes.

I would never get another Kobo device.

Oh, good... it's back. I think I'll smash it with a hammer.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	174686  

Last edited by Sir Loyne; 11-03-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote