Thread: Wrong icon
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by detourx View Post
I have the wrong icon on my e-books - it shows an 'e' instead of calibre's icon. How do I change it to Calibre? I looked at defaults and it appears that Calibre is the default. Thanks for any help.
  1. Right click on any of your books that show that icon.
  2. In the menu that opens, go to 'Open With >'
  3. A new submenu will open with a list of programs.
  4. If you see Calibre choose it.
  5. If you don't see Calibre, click 'Choose another app' This will open a new window.
  6. In the new window, click 'More apps'
  7. Click one of the Calibre choices: Calibre e-book editor, Calibre e-book viewer (probably this one) or Main Calibre program
  8. One you choose one, click the box that says 'Always use this app to open .epub files'

That should be it. You do this one time and you should be set.

By the way, your Windows 10 is really out of date. Edge hasn't opened ePubs since they changed over to Chromium in January 2020. You should update it. Go to settings, Window Update.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote