Thread: Pages are wrong
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 08:15 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris080 View Post
I testes Sigil and somehow it worked, but the page numbers are very strange. I've got 2 times every page number, which means I get these page numbers: 1,1,2,2,3,3 and not 1,2,3,4,5,6

And where [1,1] begins on this page is somewhere in the text a '1' and layering the book text. Same for [2,2] and [3,3]. This isn't normal ...

I have a Kobo N514
As the others have said, this is how the RMSDK does page counting. It is used by Kobo and other ereaders and apps. The advantage of this system is the page numbers do not change as you change the font size and other settings. The number in the margin shows where the page starts. On Kobo devices, there in option in the settings to turn it of.

On a Kobo device, if you want page numbers to match the screen, you can use kepubs. There are several way to get kepubs onto the device, including calibre and a standalone utility called kepubify. There is plenty of discussion of the pros and cons of kepubs in the Kobo forum.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote