View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 04:15 AM   #664
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I always return to the home page before putting a reader to sleep. And the reading was completely normal before. The books appeared where they should, in the order they should, and reading was completely normal, as well as calling dictionaries.

When I realized there were many books missing, I did restart the device, but it changed nothing.
I would expect that. But, is not what I meant. I think something caused the device to restart after you finished reading. When the database was read during the startup, it was already corrupted. Either, whatever did the restart also corrupted the database (such as a crash while writing to the database), or it was already corrupted. There are probably other times when the database is reread. But, I don't know when. If it did happen, then that is when the books would seem to disappear.

The rest was thoughts on how to check if the database was still OK at any point. A concern is that it is something calibre is doing. Tests after using calibre would show if it was the cause.
Quote:
Afterwards I connected to Calibre, which said the DB was corrupted.

I always have the wifi turned off, except for the short time I turned it on the morning 4.28.17925 became available, so that Kobo would upgrade it, but I turned it off immediately after, so it was off when it downgraded, unless Kobo itself turned it on, and I have the automatic upgrades unticked.
In that case, I have no idea how the firmware was downgraded. If it was me, I'd be assuming that it hadn't been updated. But, unless I kept logs, I wouldn't be able to prove it one way or the other.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote