View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 02:43 AM   #661
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I usually realize my DB is corrupted when I connect Elipsa to Calibre in the morning to synchronize reading positions, and eventually add books.

Today I woke early and decided to read some. Only 825 books instead of 5000+ when I put it to sleep yesterday night. How come it corrupts while sleeping?
Was it in the same state when you woke it as when you it to sleep? Did you leave it with a book open or on something other than the home page? If the state changed, it might have restarted for some reason. Which means the database would have been reread. A crash might have corrupted the database. Or it might have been corrupted already.
Quote:
At least, I can now prove it has nothing to do with Calibre.
I made some suggestions to @Cootey in another thread. Something extra would be to restart the device. That rereads the database and you can see if any books are missing, or connect to the PC an do a check on the database. If you do this after using calibre and any new books have been imported, it would give an indication of whether the database was corrupted by calibre.
Quote:
Then I decided to explore some:
  • all the books visible are from authors whose name begins within the A-Cel range, but not all those authors within this range which should are visible
  • not all books from the visible authors are visible
  • the free memory is 21.3 MB, so all 5000+ are present
  • the F/w downgraded to 4.26.17826 (what has this to do with DB corruption?)
A firmware install will reboot the device. A lot of people have blamed this on database corruption in the past. But, I am fairly sure that the database was already corrupted and the reboot is the first time the database is being reread.

I haven't heard of firmware being downgraded before, but, the firmware check does supply the current firmware version, so it could be done if Kobo had a reason to. They have withdrawn upgrades in the past, but, only by not offering it when the update check is sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote