View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #1066
devil2trap
devil2trap began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The Output Profile conversion setting is used to determine how much to downsize images so that their resolution is no higher than the screen resolution of the device. This reduces file sizes, but these days e-readers have more storage available than in the past so that is no longer a very important consideration.

There is a downside to doing this in that it will prevent the use of the pinch-to-zoom function to magnify images to show more detail on the reading device.

The Paperwhite 3 output profile downsizes images to no more than 1072x1430 pixels. If you use that profile on a book contains a detailed map you will no longer be able to expand it see the fine detail. And even if you never zoom images, if you ever by a newer Kindle with a higher resolution screen you will need to reconvert your books to take advantage of it.

The Tablet profile essentially does no downsizing, leaving images at their original resolution. I recommend that for the highest quality results.
Thanks for your detailed explanation.
Also, can you help me with one more issue. I was getting following error while conversion:

calibre, version 5.20.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Way of the Turtle: The Secret Methods That Turned Ordinary People Into Legendary Traders</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> SVG specified in the content is not renderable in Enhanced Typesetting.</p>

Can you help me how to correct this error.

But when i converted the same book(epub) to first azw3 and then to Kfx format, it didn't gave any error. Could you explain why?
devil2trap is offline   Reply With Quote