View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 03:11 AM   #14
MyDilemma
MyDilemma began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK COLOR, and Galaxy Tab
You can use Root Explorer (don’t forget to mount it as RW first) or File Expert and edit build.prop right on your Nook Color. It is still a good idea to back up the file first. “Nexus S” and “samsung” for product.model and product.brand are also reported to work, and you can change only the two following lines: ro.product.model=NookColor ro.product.manufacturer=bn with these: ro.product.model=Nexus S ro.product.manufacturer=samsung Let us know your experience!!! Note: The change might break your market, so be sure to back-up the build.prop file just in case. I’ll keep you updated with any refinements are developed. The procedure worked well on my CyanogenMod 7 Nook Color and the market still works well. Warning: The Netflix guys will probably block this hack at the next opportunity. Do not update the Netflix app if you made it work! Note: If you still get the device not supported message, uninstall Netflix app and install it again from the Market. After that, restart your Nook Color. Many thanks to the folks at XDA Developers...

That will work on CM7
Mine is 2 2 FROYO
ro.product.model=HTC Vision
ro.product.manufactrer=HTC
My Netflix works flawlessly even wifi tethering on my Sprint HTC EVO 4g.
MyDilemma is offline   Reply With Quote