View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 09:18 PM   #42
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I stopped in to the local Circuit City after they got rid of the experienced personnel. It was so bad I couldn't even laugh.

Anyway, I have an ongoing problem with a Nook subscription, the Asimov's/Analog Combo subscription. Bottom line, I get both magazines for the price of one, so I don't want to let it go. For the second time, now, I have gotten Asimov's on time but no sign of Analog. This happened last December for the Jan/Feb issues, and just happened again for the Mar/Apr issues.

I just got off the phone with B&N customer support. It took 10 minutes to get the service rep to understand my problem. Then, she repeated the problem back to me, confirmed that Analog should have been there, said she didn't know why it wasn't ... and seemed to think I'd accept that as a reasonable answer and hang up.

I insisted on speaking to the manager and, after 10 more minutes, at least got a commitment to have the magazine by Monday. I honestly don't think it will happen, but we'll see. The supervisor seemed surprised when I asked for her name before hanging up.

I can get individual subscriptions at Amazon, but it would cost twice as much. If they continue to screw up, I guess I'll have to.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote