View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I love the in store reading feature. I know the hard copies are located somewhere on the shelves but it is so nice just to browse through each of them leisurely sipping my coffee and without worried of losing my nice spot in the cafe. I am getting too lazy, I guess. . My friends and I use the lend me feature a lot. I should rephrase it that I take advantage of my friend's purchase a lot and have been reading some of her e-books for free. I know the lend me once is a bummer and my wish list is they should expand it. It is probably restricted by the publishers since only some of the books are permitted to "lend me".

Our public library is pretty descent in their ebook selection; however, I think the ebook must be getting populare since there is always a waiting list for popular books. To make sure I have enough books to read, I normally have at least 20 books on the waiting list at one time.

I don't know anything about the kindle speed. I think the Nook is good enough for me. I use the swipe on the touch screen to turn pages and it seems pretty fast. I also like to skip pages when I read. I somehow manage to swipe and bounce my finger tips so at top speed, I can swipe and turn 4 pages at once. The scroll in the touch screen is also very cool. While browsing through a book, I use the go to chaper function and do one fast swipe to select any of the middle or last chapers. It is very fast and effective for my style of reading.

I also love the aesthetics of the nook and it is physically very beautiful. When the LCD lits up, it really brightens up the screen and sets it apart from the pack. I knows it drains the battery but a girl is always allowed to be vain when she shows off her new toy.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote