View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 11:18 AM   #52
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I have both regular AirPods and AirPods Pro. I have never had a problem with them popping out, or feeling uncomfortable with extended use. I use largest tip size for APP.

I didn’t get AirPods right away, I thought they’d fall right out and got Beats wraparound buds that have silicon tips. Those popped out constantly. I returned them to Apple Store and tried the AirPods and shook my head around: no issue, so I walked out with those.

With the APP, I was sure I was going to have issues with the silicon buds popping out and ordered some Comply foam ones right away, but the problem never materialized. There are tons of 3rd party tips to choose from if the Apple ones don’t fit right.

The main issue I have had with AirPods is they don’t like to go through the washing machine. I’ve managed to do this 3 times, most recently with the APPs. First time with AirPods, killed the charging case. The other two times, the right bud wound up with a hiss when in Noise Cancelling or Transparency mode; with that turned off they are fine and at higher volume I don’t hear the hiss. I replaced with AppleCare+ ($29) and the I did it again a couple of days later after getting the replacement. At some point, I’ll shell out another $29 to replace it again. Sheesh.

Buds with wires dangling out of them tend to pop out much more easily as one moves around because of gravity. I have some RayZ noise-cancelling (wired) buds I use when using mower and snowblower and for those I use foam tips; they mostly stay in securely, and when they don’t, the wire keeps them from going anywhere.

Spatial audio is already a feature in iOS 14. I haven’t tried it a lot, but with my iPad mini, if I keep my head mostly pointed at the screen it tracks pretty well, but if I turn away for a few seconds, the apparent source of sound shifts away from the screen; smaller head movements don’t disrupt it like that and it tracks well. It resets when you face the screen again for a few seconds.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-10-2021 at 01:12 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote