View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Yes, but that argument you can apply to copyright laws and the absurd length of copyright protection. And then it becomes a good argument for breaking the rules.
Absolutely! I was talking about my problems with the end result, the reasons behind that certainly have to do with (outdated, non-uniform) copyright laws. The end result is still denying people (legal) access to literature for no other reason then where they live, which is what I find unacceptable (especially with respect to digital goods where the cost of replication is zero), and dangerously close to censorship.

Quote:
But if you think copyright as it is today is a good idea then I really do not think that companies using the existing copyright by having geographical restrictions is doing something you can complain about.
I don't, so I'll continue to complain

Last edited by Stinger; 06-13-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote