View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #38
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Thank you very much.
I have also found some worrying threads in Hanlin forum about problems with BeBook crashing and about the need to reformat the SD card from time to time. Some say, even the internal memory needs to be reformatted occasionaly.
OpenInkpot seems to be the most stable firmware for the hanlin, according to some discussions. I find it strange that version 0.1 of firmware done by people that do not have access to fraction of resources available to manufacturer or OEM distributor has, is more stable than the original firmware ver. 2.02
You're welcome.
I've only used BeBook the first few days after purchasing it.
But I didn't find any instability or technical issues.
For me it's really only about the design.
Why do you consider BeBook over, let's say, Sony 505 or CyBook Gen3?
I only see 1 potential argument: Biggest variety of file formats.
BUT: The only DRM format is .prc. For this, you can use Cybook or iLiad as well.
If you go for the "free" formats, you probably have to convert anyway...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote