View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #46
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
To put some perspective on the demand for sport watches, my Garmin Forerunner 305 is an interesting study. It was released way back in 2007 and was considered the gold standard for GPS watches for several years. It retailed for $299 but could usually be had for around $200.

As it aged the price plummeted as you might expect. I picked mine up for about $110 two years ago. However today the current models are not as well-liked, and as a result the Garmin 305s that are left are selling for $329+. Likewise, the discontinued Motorola MotoACTV is still selling near or even above MSRP.

There is a market for a smart sport watch, and the consumers in that market have a proven history of spending big money for a lot less functionality than what is capable today.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote