View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #77
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanec View Post
Hi all. Just jumping into this community for the first time and looking forward to communicating with everyone more. I just bought my first reader, a Kindle. Really loving it. I downloaded PDFRead and was so awed to see how well it worked. To the creator of PDFRead, thank you very much. It is a great product.
I just tweaked it; the original author was ashkulz (he is also here on mobileread.com).

Quote:
I downloaded it on a friends computer and it worked fine. Since then I have tried it on my windows XP system and a Ubuntu system using the commandline. Both times without fail the CMDline will will get to the point of saying "Creating MobiPocket Ebook ... Done" and will spit out the temp directory path and cause a window to pop up pointing to the images and HTML. I look for the prc and it was not created.
Did you try the same ebook as on your friends computer? or a different one. It appears that perhaps the ebook you are converting has run into an error creating the .imp and so "pops" up the temp directory for you to investigate further. Did you place an empty file 'debug' in the pdfread install directory? If not, then the original file may have some incompatiblity. Would it be possible to post your source (if not copyrighted) so that I can have a look at it; otherwise you can email it to me at 'nrapallo (at) yahoo (dot) ca'

Quote:
Has anyone ran across this problem? I am choosing the basic iLiad settings, using it just as I did on my friends computer but still it is not creating the PRC.

Anyone help would be greatly appreciated.
Shanec
Try converting a simple file first to see if your installation at least works for an "easy" conversion. Try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4489#post74489
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote