View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
But oh keen round bird isn't that a common complaint about the Android devices?
All those different flavors on each device. All those versions and altered versions of Droid OSs.

I recall also the complaints when MS Windows tried to make all previous models, hardware and software, compliant with the latest version of software.
Shouldn't Apple have just said, that the new iOS7 was for the next so and so devices and all previous models are fine as they are and users have to adapt to the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
There's a list floating on the internet detailing what each device gets; I saw that last night while browsing the news, but I can't recall the site. For instance, the 4S doesn't get AirDrop or camera filters, the 4 doesn't get Siri (which it didn't have already), or panoramic photos (on top of what the 4S doesn't get), the ipad3 doesn't get camera filters, airdrop or panoramic photos, and so on.
Okay, then it sounds like Apple is merely turning off certain options they don't want to support for specific, older devices. That should not be confused with different versions like in Android where every device seems to have a different version--slight exaggeration, but only slight! With Android a device might be running v2.3 and never get upgraded by the manufacturer or carrier. In iOS land the OS is upgraded by Apple whether the carrier (AT&T, Verizon, etc.) likes it or not. That is a huge difference. So all compatible devices can run iOS7, but with the caveat that some older devices don't get a few of the features.