View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #15442
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
An absolutely excellent book, and one which I thoroughly recommend. Morse is in hospital, suffering from a stomach ulcer. While there, he reads a book about a murder which occurred on an Oxford canal in 1860, where a woman passenger on a canal boat was found drowned, and the boatmen hanged for her murder. Convinced that a miscarriage of justice took place, he sets out to try and find out what really happened on that long-ago day.

A very unusual detective story, and one which thoroughly merits the awards it received. Highly recommended.
Sounds very much like a the sort of thing Robert Goddard would write. And I'm a big Goddard fan, so I think I'll give the Wench a go. Thanks for the recommendation.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote