View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
try tapping a numeric superscript link on a Sony reader - without reaching for the stylus thingie - & you'll soon see why!
Which is why I never do anything silly like limiting the clickable/tappable area of the hyperlink to a single, tiny superscripted digit. I use brackets around the number and the brackets are part of the link. You can also include the previous word in the link (or the spaces preceding and following) if you don't like brackets. There are many solutions for making the link area more "fingertip-friendly" without having to resort to making the font-size of the footnote-number any larger (let alone trying to force the reader to experience the ancillary data at the precise moment you perceive the optimum time/place to experience it to be).

I think the real reason is that some authors/creators just have a need to try and micromanage every potential reader's experience of their "baby." They just can't stand the thought of someone skipping over portions of their hard work.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-23-2012 at 08:41 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote