View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quality of the cover for Paperwhite

I have seen bits and pieces of commentary about Amazon's sleep cover for the Paperwhite, but few comprehensive discussions of it. Here are some things I would like to know

1. Does the leather feel cheap, or is it good quality?

2. How strong is the magnetic closure? Some of the old Sony covers were magnetic, but the magnets were typically very weak. Even a drop onto carpet would cause the cover to come open. Are these covers the same, or is the closure strong and snappy?

3. If there are any Sony T-1 users out there, how does the combined weight of the Paperwhite in the cover compare to the combined weight of the T-1 in the lighted cover? I am guessing that they are about the same (considering that the Paper white itself is heavier than the T-1, but would like confirmation of this.

4. How bulky is it? Again, if there are any T-1 users, is the Amazon cover much thicker than the T-1 cover?

Thanks.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote