View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #16
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Not all people like Slacker! I much prefer TuneIn since it is international, and Slacker is geo-restricted. I don't want to fire up my VPN just to listen to radio.
I have TuneIn as well (and you can record with it for offline playback) but prefer Slacker because it's extremely customizable. I don't have any problems with georestrictions, our music choices in Canada are pretty much the same as in the US, that I can tell.
I can select specific artists/styles and create my own stations and can "cache" up to about 20 stations for offline listening during those road long trips from Montréal to Toronto ... It's not really "radio" in the same sense as TuneIn... I've had it on my BlackBerry and still use it on my PC, my iPod, and now my Android phone and tablets. Sound quality is excellent. I have a "Plus" account not the Premium.
Review from PCMag
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2340016,00.asp

Last edited by Cdesja5; 09-04-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote