View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #22
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Lack of expansion is a huge deal for me. I have the 64GB iPad, and I am nervous about filling it up (it tells me right now I have 5.5GB free). Prior to the iPad, I used my Nook Color with a 32GB microSD card, and the card was always filled entirely with movies and music. Plus, I could carry extra cards with me.

In order to (somewhat) solve this problem, I bought a Seagate Go-Flex Satellite drive. It's a 500GB 2.5" external drive that contains a wifi transmitter (not receiver) so any other wifi capable device (laptop, phone, iPad, Android tablet, etc.) can connect to it and access its contents. I've got it stocked with music and videos and things. Not a perfect solution; the battery life is not stellar (a little more than 4 hrs). But the accompanying iOS app is very good; it lets you transfer files to the iPad to use when the two are not connected, and then delete them from the iPad when you're done using them. So I only usually have two or three movies on my iPad at a time, and transfer new ones from the drive when I need them. I have, however, heard that the Android app is significantly less appealing (although I have never used it), so it might not be a great solution for the Nexus.

Edit: I see 5thWiggle posted a link to the drive a couple posts up. That's it, exactly.

Last edited by hrosvit; 06-29-2012 at 08:39 AM.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote