Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #35
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

@tvjohn: did your edited file look like this? (I know you probably can't access it right now, so "from memory" is ok). Also, how did you edit that file? Directly on the device using vi or similar, or by copying it back and forth? If the latter, could it be that you used Mac line endings instead of Unix ones while saving?
I can't see it currently, that's right I thought I used the right name, but maybe not.

I used vi via the built-in "Terminal" on OS X. OS X uses LF as line end, & I use "Textwrangler" to edit files on the Mac, & I can select line ends to suit the target.

I'm looking through the DeBrick thread now of course, but so far I'm unsure how I can access the Amazon file where I inserted that line. Is the root partition supposed to be mounted to allow access beside the usual /mnt/us?

I have managed to get into diags mode, & switched to usbnet mode, as of course that's how I edited the file, but my connection is always refused.

I'll do some more reading, thanks.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote