Thread: PRS-T1 getting adb working
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #28
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0534ng31 View Post
Too late...
No, I'm not gonna do it till I'm sure what I'm doing. I'm happy going mount bind route, if you don't mind giving me detailed enough guide so I can follow it.

Quote:
I'm not trying to be rude, but I mean, you don't seem to fully understand the procedure nor to be capable by yourself to imagine how to do this (quite easy) task...
Now with all of you guys help I have an idea of the process. I can imagine, but doing is another thing. Everything is simple when you know how to handle it, you know what I mean

Quote:
(You've asked for help to porkupan/boroda here and at the-ebook.org, snarkophilus at the other thread,...) And you should know how to do it, what are the risks of each option and how to be prepared to solve the posible problems.
I guess there nothing bad in asking people who have more knowledge in this stuff then I do. That's one of the reasons forums like this exist.

Quote:
However, you say that you are sure you are going to use the cramfs method... of course, the dangerous one...

After the dangerous one goes wrong then... perhaps you'll have a bricked T1 and there will be no 'after'...
No once again, I'm ready to try bound mount method if give me detailed procedures I can follow. I'm not ignoring bound mount method, I just thought cramfs method is more neat, though more dangerous I agree.

Quote:
Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?
Yes I do understand, thank you for warning me!

Quote:
You seem to be so resolved to change those fonts, that you are risking your T1... I think it's better to learn first and, then, make so much adjustments as you want...
Yes, I'm trying to learn, with your guys help. I'm grateful to all of you! But it's not easy, provided I never dealt with this kind of stuff before.

Quote:
The cramfs method is a bit risky, but with your little 10MB font image there is 'almost' no risk...
I've to things left to do to accomplish cramfs method:

1. Find out for sure, exactly which font(s) I need to substitute with my font (renamed as originals to replace)

2. Write modified mmcblk2p5.img back to PRS T1

I don't know how to go about these two things.

Quote:
However, the bind mount method has NO risk at all (if something goes wrong, you only have to reboot), it can be used to learn how the T1 fonts work and it's an easy and painless way to try a big amount of fonts...
Again I'm happy to follow you, just give me detailed enough steps and I'll follow your advice. Thank you.

Quote:
At least, you should act on Boroda advice and learn how to boot in recovery mode with 'serial gadget console' enabled. So, if something goes wrong, you'll be capable to overwrite 'p5' with the original one.
That's for sure.

Quote:
Be lucky!

I'm spanish
Thank you!

I'm unfortunately I can't speak Spanish, I do Russian though. I'm Georgian.
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote