Thread: KF8 ebooks?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamL View Post
This is just a thought for developers.

Do you think they will change the 70/30 royalty rates on KF8 books. For anyone who isn't familiar, right now if you sell an ebook on Amazon for between $.01 and $9.99, Amazon takes a 30% fee, and you keep 70%. But if your ebook is priced over $9.99, you get 30% and Amazon takes 70%.

So I wonder since these books could have way more content through audio, video etc, if Amazon will maybe let the 70% royalty rate go up more the maybe $14.99 or $17.99?

Anyone heard anything on this?
I disagree with this on principle. I realise that you're premise is that you should get paid more for more content. My premise is that don't just pile on content for the sake of it. It should only be done if it fits in and adds something to the book beyond the mere fact of "Its a different medium to text". In which case, it shouldn't be priced more than a regular book would be.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote