View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #48
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
Yea, it does slow you down, but the effort for some books is worth it. One I couldn't finish was Les Miserables. It's longer than War and Peace. There was one chapter devoted entirely to the battle of Waterloo. It was 75 pages long in hardback with miniscule text. The only relation to the story was a couple who were robbing corpses of money, jewlery etc in the aftermath of the battle. It would turn out to be Cossete's adopted family that Jan Valjan rescued her from. I said I had enough and put it down. Someday, maybe I'll try again.
Les Miserables has been sitting on my shelf, staring at me for years. You just made sure that is where it will stay for a couple of years longer. There are too many books I am keen on reading for me to waste time.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote