View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #15
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinj88 View Post
I've been tinkering with magazine/comic book type pdfs for awhile, It would be awesome if there was a workable format for my REB1200. I found that Adobe 8.1
using the save as .doc feature is the best and fastest way to make .pdf to .doc
the problem I encountered was the .doc to imp using book designer. you guys have any good tips for converting?
I usually save the output from Acrobat to a HTML v3.2 file and start from there converting to .IMP using eBook Publisher.

However, the best route I've found for reading magazine/technical type .pdfs on the REB 1200 is using PDFRead v1.7 (see Content forum sticky here). Unfortunately, until now, the output has been in 16 grayscale.

However, Ashish Kulkarni (author of PDFRead) had previously implemented 16 (4-bit) colors for the REB 1200 and I had modified his code to allow 256 (8-bit) colors for the REB 1200 . Any higher color depth would just increase the resulting .IMP file's size GREATLY without any corresponding betterment!

These modifications have not yet been finalized, but will be part of the next release, v1.8. I have been granted developer status by Ashish and intend on finalizing these changes soon ...

p.s. by the way, I got my inspiration for my mobi2imp from Ashish's .IMP creating module (ImpOutput) in PDFRead and mobi2html in MobiPerl from tompe on mobileread.com.

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-01-2008 at 04:29 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote