View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post

I also have some old books in .txt form. Will the kindle read those or will I have to convert them?

Is there any way to write notes in .txt or something similar, or is it only in conjunction with a particular book?
It will read .txt fine. It's also simple to convert to mobi using Calibre. (well, most formats. PDF is a big exception. sometimes it works okay, other times meh..)
You can make notes separately from a book, yes.
IIRC you can get what is basically a blank book and take notes with that.
It's pretty cumbersome on that keyboard to make them very long.
I don't know that it will save it in .txt format though..
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote