Thread: indent control
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #16
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
could you see what happens with your code AND use an epub with with a specific text-indent 0 in its main calibre style within the style sheet, to see if you get the same override issues as I did please.
I'll do this if I find some time and a good example, not going to go out of my way digging through my library on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i don't have an intuitive sense of own an x% indent cxompares to a number of ems in dent. why, may i ask, do you prefer to use % settings , and are they mobi-compatible.
3% scales with the device - it looks like the expected 'typical' width on a kindle sized device, but if I'm using my mobile phone as a backup that same width is too much if specified in em - this way the indent on the phone is much smaller than the indent on the Sony and does the right thing for the screen real-estate.

I did a bit of testing to decide that .3 em of space seemed 'about right' to me. Didn't take a lot of effort - easier to use Sigil and ADE to quickly make/compare changes to a stylesheet, then feed that back into Calibre.

Last edited by ldolse; 02-17-2011 at 05:16 PM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote