View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #403
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I haven't got the Icarus yet! I'm trying to sort out what I need so I can do a seamless transfer away from the Kobo.

Basically, my main computer is a Mac which is where I do my library management using Calibre. All my ebook acquisitions are downloaded there, loaded into Calibre and the metadata edited before I transfer to the device. I really don't want to manage my library via a small touchscreen and virtual keyboard (I have enough problems replying to email on the iPad mini). The ereader is for offline reading - when I am away from home, I have zero connectivity unless I am connected to a WiFi hotspot. (No, I do not have a smartphone - just an old PAYG phone with no data plan primarily used for making calls).

Hence my requirement for metadata created via Calibre to be visible in the reader. Although my Calibre library resides in iCloud, my primary source for the content will be the onboard memory with a 32 Gb SD card as back-up. The ereader is going to be used off-line.

Hope this clarifies my requirements!
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote