Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Correct me if wrong davidfor, but won't that still exclude instances where the very first word contains an apostrophe, or any other non-word character? It gets me very close, certainly, but I just don't think what I'm looking for is going to be based on "\w". The potential for too many non-word characters being present in the words (including the first one) is just too great.

I'm not so much concerned with the greediness of the expression (as I'm not blindly replacing anything with it) as I am with seeing every single non-one-word occurrence... regardless if that occurrence contains non-word characters or not.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote