View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 01:19 PM   #1118
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessPaul View Post
I have been converting several books to KFX, but one is giving me an error I do not understand:
calibre, version 5.27.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed:
Cannot convert BOOKNAME
External resource e6 has unknown mime type

What is causing this error, and can it be corrected?
That error indicates that something is wrong with an image in the book preventing the type of the image from being determined. I can't say exactly what might be wrong or which image is involved. (The name "e6" was assigned to the image during conversion, but the original file name isn't shown.)

You might be able to find the problem by opening the source file in the calibre editor and using the Check Book function. If that does not turn up anything you could try removing images from the book one by one until the error goes away in order to find the problem image.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote