View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #1114
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureTime View Post
What happened was, when I tried to convert the file A using KFX Output, the table of contents etc are converted into plain text. However, when I tried to convert file B using KFX Output, the links were converted as links.
I can verify your finding that the links in the "A" file become non-functional after conversion to KFX. Looking at it with the calibre Editor further I see that the file is damaged. For example, the first link in part0002.html is coded as <a href="part0004.html#3Q280-5df3812cde044180b229d045e3019b13">. However the target file, part0004.html, is missing the id 3Q280-5df3812cde044180b229d045e3019b13.

There is a difference in conversion between KFX and other Kindle formats. In other formats a link with an incorrect target id is retained and causes a jump to the beginning of the targeted file, which happens to work well enough in this case. However the KFX converter in the Kindle Previewer is less forgiving and strips out incorrect links entirely.

In the "B" version of the book the equivalent link points to an id that is actually present in the target file so it converts correctly.

At this point I do not have a solution for your "A" file except to say that whatever workflow produced it should be avoided or fixed.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote